Hello! And Good News! This week I have Charlie Mihelich back on the ‘ol pod to talk good news. Charlie is an improvisor, writer, and actor. Charlie and I get back on the big red couch and talk all about:
- Montana Brown a childhood cancer survivor who now works as a nurse at the center she was once a patient at.
- We touch on some celebrities who have donated to disaster relief in Puerto Rico. Which leads us into talking about doomsday prepper, Joseph Badame, who after learning his house would be foreclosed, donated everything (40 years worth of survival prep) to hurricane relief.
- Animal corner features Frida, a 7 year old search-and-rescue labrador who has helped find 52 people in her career. Frida is currently in Mexico aiding the Mexican Navy as they search for earthquake survivors. This leads us into a discussion about emotional intelligence in animals and whether it is instinctual or a learned trait.
- Charlie is from Riverside, and Riverside County is home to one of the largest solar farms in the country. California is working towards becoming 100% renewable energy based in the next 30 years and Riverside County is one of the biggest providers of solar and wind power in the state.
- We wrap up the episode talking about Charlie’s good news, living in the moment, enjoying the people you are with, and saying yes to things when you have an opportunity!
If you live in Los Angeles you can see Charlie performing around town! His upcoming shows in October are:
Catharsis: Dramatic Improv– UCB Sunset 7pm, 10/23
Purgatory- Every 2nd and 4th Monday on The Clubhouse Mainstage 8:30pm
Every 3rd Wednesday at The UCB I.S. Stage 7pm
Follow Charlie on instagram @mihelicopter
Follow Charlie on twitter @charlesmihelich
Follow Hannah on instagram @cannongator
Follow Hannah on twitter @cannongator