We sit on the big red couch and discuss:
- Hurricane Harvey and the 29 year old screenwriter, Zachary Dearing, who stepped into a leadership role to help people in a small coast town.
- Ira Campbell, a trashman in Albers, IL. who is so beloved by his community for his positive attitude and helpfulness that he is being awarded the key to the city.
- The humanitarian charity, Muslim Aid, that knocked out two great birds with one stone by making the world’s largest samosa for the Guinness Book of World Records and feeding it to the homeless community in need.
- Noah is from Fair Lawn New Jersey, where Laura Oblitas just turned 110 years old. Naturally Noah and I discuss the meaning of life, getting old, funeral plans, and what happens when you die.
- Also in Fair Lawn, high school students came together with stylists from the Bellezza Salon to raise money for the Children’s Therapy Center Academy, a non-profit school for children with developmental disabilities.
- Animal corner features two sheepdogs who protected their flock for 20 days alone in a Canadian wildfire!
Rachel and I wrap up the episode talking about how excited she is to go on a Disney Cruise with her Grandmother! It’s real good news!