This week’s episode guest is Hailey Faust! Hailey is a graphic designer, animator, printmaker and stylist based in Missoula, Montana, which could very well be the heart of the Rockies. Check out Hailey’s blog The Lovely Wild, which celebrates slow living and all things seasonal. It’s really so beautiful. You can find her on instagram as well @the.lovely.wild.
Hailey and I talk about some really great stuff this week!
- After his wife lost her eyesight, Mr. Kuroki spent two years planting a sea of flowers outside of their house to bring her back from her depression. He realized that flowers can be enjoyed with more than just sight and worked to fill their property with the fragrance of flowers.
- Springfield Partners For Community Action is an amazing non-profit in Massachusetts that serves low-income individuals and families in Springfield and the surrounding communities. They work to help people become financilally self sufficient and productive by ensuring that basic needs such as healthcare, shelter, food, and education are met.
- A husband and wife in Iowa started and organization this year called Compassion Flights that provides free flights for those who need to travel a long distance for medical treatment.
- France has officially banned unhealthily thin fashion models! Models now need a doctor’s certification attesting to their overall health, based on their BMI, weight, age and body shape. Employers who break the law face up to 75,000 euros in fines.
- Animal Corner features Listermann Brewing Company, which just made an IPA named after baby hippo Fiona. 25% of the proceeds will go to the Cincinnati Zoo care team.
- Hailey is from Anchorage Alaska and I learn that moose droppings are highly regarded there. This year Anchorage held their 28th annual Moose Marble Madness event to raise money for local charities. Anchorage also just started up a community-composting program, which allows you to drop off food waste and take a bucket of finished compost for your garden. So cool!
Good News Later!
Follow Hailey on Instagram @the.lovely.wild
Follow Hannah on Instagram @cannongator
Follow Hannah on Twitter @cannongator